Thursday, April 19, 2007

MY FABRIC POSTCARDS

Well I've been busy making BD gifts and
working on our challenges with DS and
Friends. So I can't post those yet,but I
have finished them..
I made my first fabric postcards for
the Canadian Cancer Society..
This is my tribute to all the fabulous
textile designers, they usually are on the
edge of the material and I have always
loved then....
I'm making up a few parcels to send out
to a couple of friends. Sweet Arlee is sending
my a piece of her arthttp://arleebarr.squarespace.com/designjournal
so I'm sending her her a bag of goods in appreciation.
I'm also sending another parcel to a friend in Ottawa
some thing we can't get here..See you soon..
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tonniece said...

What a nice tribute it is too Dianne. Great job.
You have been very busy I see. I'm sure Arlee will love your goodie bag too.

arlee said...

Glad to see you accepted the challenge for the Cancer Fundraiser--great idea with the selvedges!

Jackie (Tillie's Daughter) said...

Love your fabric post cards -- what a great idea using the fabric names and color coodinating edge from the fabrics -- way to go.

platitudinal said...

Dianne, I really like the fabric names postcard. It is a wonderful idea, and shows one very creative mind that can see beauty in places that other people often overlook. Excellent piece!

Debbi Baker said...

Hey Diane - that is really cool! How inventive. It has been great to see all your recent creations, Debbi B

Elaine Rutledge said...

Hi Diane! Saw your comment on my blogspot
www.mouseinamazefiberphotos.blogspot.com
and am delighted to meet you! I did something dumb though - I went to the Wales site, thinking it was you - no matter. I do dumb things alla time. The lady in Wales may not understand my comments though!
Anyway, I joined the surface design group in Yahoo. I am very interested in sharing and trading .
hugs, Lainy
lainysews@aol.com