Sunday, April 22, 2007

HAMILTON "THE HAMMER"


Hamilton STEELE TOWN this is where I live.
I happen to live what we call the mountain, its part
of the Niagra Escarpment. I live a block from the
mountain brow as you can see in this pic.
I had said I was going to put a few pics of the
city so here they are.
There are 5 set of stairs along the brow, top
to bottom. A lot of people use them everyday.
the biggest set have a little over 500 stairs.
We have a Botanical gardens which are very beautiful.
Even a Castle, Dundurn castle
http://http://www.myhamilton.ca/myhamilton/CityandGovernment/CultureandRecreation/Arts_Culture_And_Museums/HamiltonCivicMuseums/Dundurn/Dundurn_Castle.htm
Dosen't have its own web site, I'm shocked ...
I have lived here 50 years and have never felt like
I was home here, there a lots of really beautiful
places in Ontario so when I get out I truly enjoy it.
I think my heart is in Scotland......
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Dianne, I think you live in a beautiful part of the world. You must come and visit Scotland. Home is where the heart is!

freshisle said...

I'm loving this tour. I went to McMaster and have lots of fond memories of Hamilton and the mountain!