Monday, September 04, 2006

WHERE THE H#%& IS MY TREESTAND !!!!!

Well my DB just called to tell me about his weekend on Manitoulin Island. Where he and a few friends went to check on their treestand and hunting camps.. Yes my Db is a hunter comes from a long line of them, my DD was also quite the hunter too..
If you remember they had a Tornado a few weeks back on the Island, They have gotten most of the trees that came down off of the roads and their properties. The forests were still a mess..
Since I am a real nature nut I hate to see any trees fall, or any animals get hurt, tree hugger my DB calls me.. We were raised on venison moose meat, it kept our family in meat for in the winter months when we were young..
I remember watching my DD skin the animals in the garage, every fall after hunting season.. I just don't get it now, couldn't look now....
My DB sent me some picks of there adventure I'm sure they had a lot of laughs as well as a lot of work. It took them the whole weekend to cut 4 trails to 2 tree stands and 2 hunting camps, the things the men will do to go hunting. I just don't get it..
So have a look, make some of the pics big to see all the trees amazing, it must have been some tornado to ripe all those trees down, luckly the camps and treehouses were still standing... I guess, would hate to wish more work on these old fellas LOL LOL... Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

platitudinal said...

Dianne, they sure cut a lot of trees. Though I love trees as well ... I guess sometimes it is necessary to cut them when they're unsafe. My father-in-law had to cut his trees down when they got infected with dutch elm tree disease (it was quite rampant in Denmark).Then he used the cut trees for his wood turning projects. He made beautiful bowls, candle holders, plates, etc. At least something beautiful came out of them.