Thursday, September 07, 2006

MIXED MEDIA COFFEE & DESSERT PICTURE

Okay call me crazy,and also a coward..
There is a little Coffee house in Caledonia
called Cafe Amore. Which by the way has all home made goodys and great food . We have been there a
few times. It was packed last weekend and I had gotten up my couarge to speak to the owner on the 20 min drive there.
She was busy cooking all the food so I didn't want to bother her when she was so busy..
I had talk to the owner before about the place. She bought it not to long ago and I asked her if she was Scottish, because she has 4 pictures of Scottish Castles in gold frames on the walls, I feel in love with them.
She told me she got them when she bought the buisness.
I, one really want the pics, so I thought hey, I can make her some mix media pic and trade her for them make 2 or 3 more for the cafe and get paid for those ones..
Haven't told the owner this yet and if she doesn't I'll sell it some where else..
I have lots of ideas with these coffee filters I just looovvve how they look, This is a big plastic board so its quite light. I had to find a way to frame it, something not heavy... Light bulb moment hehehhe.. The used coffee filters I had on stash.. I should have taken a pic of just the frame of the filters.. It looked gorgrous just by it self, now I have all sorts of stained pics rolling around my head.. "I'm so excited, I'm about to lose my mind and I think I like it" " OO OO""
So this is just the pics kind of arrange have to glue them down yet, then add some words, phrases, I might draw a little on it. I was thinking of waxing it after, but I'm kind of a girl make it as I go along kind of girl :):)
I'll keep you posted....... Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Tonniece said...

Hey Di


Looking goooooood, but I thought you would have taken a pic of the border before you added all the pictures also. (Silly Rabbit)

Sounds like a good trade to me.
(Fingerd Crossed)

Tonniece

Tonniece said...

oops!!!!
I meant, FINGERS CROSSED

sorry about the typo.

Tonniece

platitudinal said...

Dianne, this desert themed decoupage piece is lovely. And, it is dangerous too ... it makes the mind go all crazy for something sweet & delicious! :p

Alma Stoller said...

Hi Dianne,

I am really loving the collage you are making. It is coming out great. Love the colors.
Alma