Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Autum Wreath

My friend Doug asked me to make
a wreath for his door, I've made him a couple.
His wife left the brown velvet and a soft peach
bow on it. Now I think I'll have to take them off
and add a bow myself...
I used 3 cat tail (bull rushes), added a bit of gold on the tips.
Then 3 long seed pods I found. I just happened
to some fall leaves I'd bought. I painted milk pods
2 different oranges and put gold dots on them..
I also painted some silver dollors a bright orange
then put copper sparkle dots on those
It definetly need a new bow.. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

platitudinal said...

Yes, this wreath screams out autumn. I like the brilliant fall colors. What a lovely thing to make for your friend, Dianne :)

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Dianne, your friend is very lucky.
I loved the wreaths we saw on doors in Boston.
I don't think they would last long in the UK, someone would pinch them

larin said...

Lovely! You are very multi-talented!