Thursday, March 22, 2007

ATTEMP AT ALTERED PUZZLE PIECES


I learned a great lesson for myself on the puzzle pieces.
I started with the background, I had a pic from National
Geographic ( one of my favorite magazines), its an aerial
view I think of a salt sea bed or floor, I just loved the color and
shapes made by nature, awesome..
I cut out the shapes, glued them on, used a gold ink pad
around the edges. Then my muse, slipped right out of my body.
I didn't have any idea what to do next.
These puzzles pieces are the larger children's ones, but still
only a small area to decorate.. Some of them are done brilliantly.
Next time a theme first then the background would be no problem..
It took me a couple of days to find and idea to do them, finding
written words ( from magazine cut ups) gave me the idea..
I do like how they turned out, but theme first LOL..
http://www.flickr.com/photos/paintchip_61/sets/72057594062932323/
Here are some examples...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Tonniece said...

beautiful background Di. pretty

platitudinal said...

A great altered piece! Thanks for this post, it gives me ideas on what to do with Christer's incomplete puzzles! :D

Colour Your Life said...

Dianne, love your puzzel pieces, they will be the next trading card around the world,
Love Jill
ps had a fight with embellisher feel like throwing it out the window lol

Carol said...

I love these altered puzzle pieces. Lovely textures you have there.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hi Dianne..from another Magpie! Love your puzzle pieces...finally a use for all the puzzles that have pieces missing. Glad to see you've joined us at the arttechniques group.