Saturday, March 17, 2007

NEW PIECE

I started this piece to do the elements.
Fire in the background earth, wind ,water..
The piece became very dark, meaning..
like the elements are getting out of
control, with mans help it ruining the earth.
Storms everywhere, the waters are all
polluted.. I never did anything like this before.
You know me happy, pretty, sparkly..
Global warming is a big thing with me,
I hate whats happening, so I guess it came out here.
I still have to do some words on it, I'm trying to
figure out how to do that.
I used a beautiful shiny scarf , used puff fabric
paint on it. Used a coffee filter for the world.

I put some light blue organza over the filter.
I have a fab piece of textile quilted from Marion (artmixer)
to make the continents.. I used gauze and pva
and some paint on the hurricanes..
Any Idea how I can add words to it????

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

arlee said...

This is such a vibrant live piece! You could try printing the words on a sheer and stitching them on with invisible thread maybe?

platitudinal said...

Dianne, what an incredible piece! And it also has a deep meaning behind it ... one that represents your ideology.

bitchinatstitchin said...

That's fabulous Dianne! Isnt it interesting when we come up with confronting things in our inherently beautiful materials. A battle I have is to get viewers to look past the beauty of the materials at the subject.