Saturday, March 10, 2007

WAXED PIECE


This is my first attempt at using wax.
I PVA 4 different pieces of fancy tissue
paper then waxed some script, a zen quote,
a vintage photo, a defeniton for friends.
I waxed on 2 of the tissue cast shoes, a tyvek
bead I made and a few bits and bobs.
I used some metalic red,green and some
gold over the was to blend the pic together..
It sure is a messy process, I put the
beeswax in the crock pot. Then had to use
my heat gun to smooth the wax around.
I think I have to get a small travelling iron
which would make it easier to smooth
things out..
All and all I do like how it turned out..
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

platitudinal said...

Dianne, I like how it turned out too. It's very pretty to look at. I've always loved how wax made everything appears more vibrant. I found that when I accidentally left my crayons in the car during summer time.

Tonniece said...

lots of eye candy in this one Dianne. It turned out great.

smarcoux said...

Dianne this piece is really really good .. I am loving the work you did on it ... your work just keeps on getting better .. great colours on this one.
bet it even looks better in person.
Sandy

Debbi Baker said...

Hi Dianne - Thanks for dropping by my new blog! You made my day. I really like all the greens in this piece and teh Tyvek bead particularly caught my eye. It looks as though a lot of work was involved in creating this collage. Ciao for now, Debbi B

Miss Robyn said...

I like using beeswax - I use it on my cloth dolls often.
I like your piece of art here, I like the colours and the patina from the wax.

Carol said...

Hi Dianne,

I really love this piece. Love the tyvek beads. Great job!

bitchinatstitchin said...

very very cool Dianne, I love what wax does to the surface when I am doing paper too. Although I must admit I tend to use acrylic wax.
Thanks for all your encouragment btw.

Sujati - Sue Young-Artist said...

Thanks so much for your comment Dianne-your work is lovely too-this piece I especially like! Best wishes to you, i will be back again soon! Sujati.