Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Using Toilet paper To Cast On Mold

When I was at Tonniece's the other day she showed me how she did this on her stamps.
Well I just love this, it easier the paper casting.
I'm hooked, I'm going to try most of my stamps and keep them for futher use..
Oh and my beautiful background piece is a piece of dyedor distressed velvet Marion gave me I love the colours..
You put mabe 5 or 6 pieces of toilet paper on your stamp or mold the I used acrylic watered down paint and some watered down silk dye.
I used a soft stiple brush. Then just dabbed my colors on added more water in spots to blend the colors more.. So easy and I like how it come out, I will try different tec. with this... Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

arlee said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOVELY!!! Will have to give that a shot myself! Can you imagine it with metallics......

Tonniece said...

These look great Di, and the tissue paper seems to give a better efect. A bit more work, but worth it

platitudinal said...

Thank you for sharing this mold casting technique, Dianne. You made it sound so simple, and yet the result looks very lovely. Like Suzanne said, I guess stamps are needed for project.

Elis Cooke said...

Hi Dianne That looks cool... I am going to try it as it looks easier than messing with blenders etc. Thanks for stopping by! namaste Elis.