Saturday, February 10, 2007

SOME FINISHED WORK

I tried the tec. on Try it Tues,
using gesso, added some foil, salt and sugar.
Let it dry then painted it with watered down
acrylic paints also added some Pearl Ex.
Not crazy about the look so I'll try another one..
I don't think I watered the paint enough...

My Buddy Doug came over to visit, it was his sewing machine I have.. He got some thread on my bobbin.
I started to sew the back of my Celtic piece, almost finished it, the needle broke ggrrrr. So I searched for and hour found another needle set it all up started to sew then the thread broke so I shut down the machine and will try again today, I really want to finish it and send it.... Thats it for now.... Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

platitudinal said...

Wow, Dianne, there are plenty of textures in this piece. It's a piece that invite people to touch it. I'm sorry you don't like the look, hope the next one you'll like it. :)

My goodness, so much trial and tribulation involving the sewing machine. Any lesser women would shriek and dug a 12ft hole and burry that machine. But, not you, of course. (Plus, you have to retrieve it later to return it to Doug. Hehe).

smarcoux said...

hang in there .. besides you tried stitching on things that you put gesso and stuff on TRY FABRIC FIRST ... LOL

keep up the good work.
S