Sunday, November 19, 2006

We had lunch at the Black Bull Pub, down the road..
I ordered what I thought was Little white bits of fish,
but NO They fooled me, its was Little White bate..
They are like a tiny fish, we use to have smelts when I was
young.. After going down to Lake Ont. with my Dad and
DSs, we would bring home a green garbage bag full.
Then we would clean them cut the heads off........
Anyway the plate had a pile of tiny little fish, battered
and deepfried.. I thought ,is that little black spot, on
the end of them ummmmm. Yes it eyes, well I didn't know what to do.
I don't like to eat anything that looks back at me and usually you would
hold them (smelts) by the tail and eat till you got to your finger, not
eating the tail.. I couldn't eat the head ot tail, and they are really tiny
I tried eating the middle but just couldn't eat to many for sure..
I wrapped them in a paper napkin to show Sandy..
When I mention them to her, not even getting the napkin unwrapped
She said " Oh white bate its really good", it must be just me I guess.
It got a big laugh from everyone anyway....

1 comment:

platitudinal said...

It is quite unnerving to eat something that is staring at you, isn't it? :)