Thursday, July 06, 2006


I went with Jan to her daughters house in Grimsby, in the country side.Lovely day for pics (hehhe).. This has been one of my favorite flower (weed in the carot family) Queen Anne's Lace. I used to were them in my hair every year when I was young (flower child).This is covering my hand past my wrist. I have been trying to dry these for years but they always close up in no time 20 yrs ago I saw them dried at the market in Vancover. They were selling for $5.... If anyone out there knows how to dry them I would be eternally gratefull... Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hi Dianne,

Your pictures are beautiful. I love to see them.

Sadly you cannot dry Queen Anne's Lace but you can press it. I have a microfleur which is basically a flower press which is plastic and has a couple layers of felt or wadding type fabric. I can put little flowers in there and zap them in the microwave for a few seconds, leave them to dry and voila! dried flowers in seconds. It may work for your Queen Anne's Lace.

Take care,

Carol in Scotland