Tuesday, October 10, 2006

MORE ON THE INK



Okay its boiled for 12 well 12 1/2 hrs , had to wait till Cory was over:):)
I'm going to have to let it cool a bit before I try to strain it.
I don't have a big colander si I'm goning to put a pair of pantyhose over the bucket and then pour it in. Its real heavy.. I put a pic of the testing paper I was using all day to see how dark it was getting.. It is dark..
Well its to late to start boiling again so I'll continue in the morning, to boil it till it is thick enough..
The recipe calls for denatured alcohol, which is alcohol mixed with toxin ingredients, so I wonder if I can use mineral spirits to add to it so it dosn't go moldy..
I've check all over the web, not sure where I could buy denatured alcohol?? Any ideas on the mineral spirits if I should use them????

3 comments:

Jenny said...

This looks really interesting! Can't wait to see what you do with this!

Big hugs fron Oz

Unknown said...

This looks a lot of work Dianne, but I bet it will be worth the efort in the end,

platitudinal said...

Hi, Dianne,

I think you can use rubbing alcohol, because it is a denatured alcohol. The purpose is so it wouldn't mold right?