Monday, February 27, 2006

Magpies Envy

I help run a yahoo group called Like Minded Threads....
I might be a little bias, but we have the best group on line..
The Ladies are so talented and so willing to share their knowledge.
We have all kinds of artist, textile,paper, knitters, beaders, embroiders, mixed media, there so so much talent its scary.. My DS got me involed with the group 3 yrs ago, I lurked for a year, I was very shy...
Now I help run the group, this group gave me the confidence to call myself a mixed media artist, if not for all of them I would just still be making gifts for friends and family...
Last year I got to host a ATC swap, the ladies all sent there cards to me and I then made pkges to send back to them. It was truly a humbling experince and oh so rewarding.. I got to see all the cards first, and when you see each set in its own grouping, they are awesome, truly beautiful.... They all sent me a goody bag for exchange for the cost of postage, I certainly got the best out of the deal, a few of the Ladies sent me a couple of extra ATCs, one even sent me one made by her young daughter... It was a life changing experince, THANKS to my Lovely Ladies on my group, love them....
I hope you enjoy looking at thier art as much as I got from recieving them...







Magpies Envy

No comments: